Mental Health Support Group
Glencairn Mental Health Support Group provides peer-to-peer support for those struggling with or who have struggled with some form of mental health issue. If you are a support partner for a participant, you are also welcome to attend.
We meet in person every other Tuesday between 7–8 pm starting September 21, 2021.
More about Glencairn Mental Health Support Group
Our group exists for individuals with mental health challenges to provide a safe place:
- For open and honest communication
- To express hurts, wants and successes, highs and lows
- To accept, care, listen and walk beside each other
- To erase stigma
- To share coping mechanisms
- To discover the fellowship in our commonality
“that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”2 Corinthians 1:4b (NIV)
This group is not meant to be a replacement for professional counselling, therapy, and medical treatment. We are here to support those efforts and encourage you as you use them.
Want to be a part of this group? Sign up on Eventbrite today!
Throughout the pandemic and our “Hope for Mental Health” message series, we heard personal stories from those here at Glencairn Church. They shared a glimpse of their experiences with depression, anxiety, addiction, and other struggles, and their journeys of how they came to find hope in Christ. We’ve shared them here, and put together a list of support resources that may help you or someone you care about.
- A Collective List of Mental Health Support Resources in the Community (Sourced in May 2021)
- Mental Health Self-Care & Support Strategies (Video), featuring guest speaker, Rekebah Jordan Miller