The Oasis, Chronic Health Support Group
The Oasis is a peer-to-peer support group for those journeying with chronic health challenges, including mental illness, chronic physical illness and pain, or even discouragement from pandemic fatigue.
Fall 2023: Drop-in on Monday evenings 7–8:30 PM*,
*except the 3rd Monday of the month
Chronic illness can often make you feel alone in your journey. It can bring uncertainty, tiredness, and discouragement. Your soul may need a refreshing. You may need an oasis!
Everyone is welcome, including those with mental and physical health concerns and their care providers or loved ones. We’ll have an informal time together, with healthy drinks and snacks followed by worship and encouragement for the journey from God’s Word.
More about The Oasis
This drop-in support group exists for individuals with chronic health challenges to provide a safe place:
- For open and honest communication
- To express hurts, wants and successes, highs and lows
- To accept, care, listen and walk beside each other
- To erase stigma
- To share coping mechanisms
- To discover the fellowship in our commonality
“that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”2 Corinthians 1:4b (NIV)
Note: This group is not meant to replace professional counselling, therapy, or medical treatment. We support those efforts and encourage you as you use them.
Throughout the pandemic and our “Hope for Mental Health” message series, we heard personal stories from those here at Glencairn Church. They shared a glimpse of their experiences with depression, anxiety, addiction, and other struggles and how they came to find hope in Christ. We’ve shared them here and put together a list of support resources that may help you or someone you care about.
- A Collective List of Mental Health Support Resources in the Community (Sourced in May 2021)
- Mental Health Self-Care & Support Strategies (Video), featuring guest speaker, Rekebah Jordan-Miller