A Christ-Centred 12-Step Recovery Program
We’ve all been hurt by other people, we’ve hurt ourselves, and we’ve hurt others. As a result, every one of us ends up with some hurt, hang-up, or habit. But the question we all face is, Where do we go from here?
Celebrate Recovery (CR) points us to a closer relationship with Jesus to find freedom from our hurts, hang-ups, and habits.
CR meets every Sunday night from 6:30–9:00 PM at Glencairn Church
Come and join in on the road to recovery!
Celebrate Recovery is a biblically-based, recovery program that addresses our Hurts, Hang-ups, and Habits using a 12-step approach based on the Beatitudes from the book of Matthew. CR leaders, understand your struggles, as they have experienced freedom from addictive and dysfunctional patterns in their own lives. They have been trained to guide people through the 12 Steps/8 Principles, and to provide a safe environment for accountability and building authentic relationships.celebraterecovery.ca
Is Celebrate Recovery for you?
To explore whether CR can help you, ask whether you or someone you know may:
- Do too much
- Work too much
- Spend too much
- Sleep too much
- Gamble too much
- Eat too much
- Worry too much
- Drink too much
- Care too much
- Smoke too much
- Rush too much
- Obsess too much
- Diet too much
- Seek excitement too often
- Get angry too often
- Play video games too much
- Use illicit drugs
- Act compulsively
- Become sad too often
- Lose control
- Become jealous
- Act sexually inappropriately
- Be anxious or afraid
- View pornography
- Feel manipulated
- Feel guilty too often
- Feel hopeless
- Feel trapped
- Feel unloved
- Feel like a failure
- Feel overwhelmed
- Feel resentful too often
- Feel lonely
- Feel unforgivable
Do you have a Hurt, Habit, or Hang-up?
- Do you want to trust God with your whole life, yet live in fear?
- If you are honest, do you know you are not happy?
- Do you find your personal life is troubled?
- Are your relationships clouded by conflict and confusion?
- Do you have resentments, anger, fear or loneliness?
- Do you have persistent feelings of low self worth, shame, guilt?
- Do you have recurring pain about relationships and living in general?
- Have you tried to change your behaviours without success?
- Have you tried to change the behaviours of people around you?
- Do you tell others, “I am only trying to help them”?
- Have you realized that you can’t fix your own pain?
- Do your prayers for God’s help seem to go unanswered?
- Have you kept your pain secret?
- Are you lacking spiritual resources to overcome the pain?
- Do you have a difficulty and want to change?
If you answered “Yes” to 2 or more of these questions, you have a hurt, habit or hang-up. Come! Join us on the Road to Recovery on Sunday evenings at 6:30 PM.