Key Events in the Building Project
- November 17, 2015: Building Project Approved by Church-Wide Vote
- March 20, 2016: Building Project Celebration Banquet
- August 17, 2017: Nith Valley Construction Ltd. Awarded Contract for Project
- August 20, 2017: Groundbreaking Ceremony
- January 20, 2018: Building Project Public Information Meeting
- July 2018: Old Building Section (Portapack) Demolition!
- August 2018: Proposed Building Completion
- September 2018: Open House Celebration
The Story of the Building Project
In January 2016 we began a sermon series and spiritual growth campaign, called Growing to Serve. This event was planned as a result of a unanimous decision by the church on Nov 17, 2015 to go ahead with the expansion of our facilities. This decision was based on more than just aging facilities, or cramped quarters, but it is a recognition of God’s faithfulness and the work that He is doing among us.
As a result of this eight week spiritual growth campaign we saw people come to know Christ, and grow in their relationship with Him. We also challenged people to make a giving commitment to the building project with a goal of reaching $500,000 in three years. Not only did people respond enthusiastically, but we exceeded our goal by over $70,000.
During this time, a building committee has been working diligently to prepare for this vision to be realized. A set of drawings have been submitted by Dickinson and Hicks (Site Plan, Lower Level, Main Level). Nith Valley Construction was awarded the contract, and digging began late August 2017, with a completion date of Summer 2018.
Our mission statement is clear – that we are to invite people to join us in following Jesus. Growth isn’t an end in itself—by nature it multiplies. It expands and reaches out. This building is only a symbol of what God intends to do in us and in our community. We want to be known as a people that love and serve others. We are growing so we can serve.